March 30, 2011
Herbal Calcium Tablets:
Maintaining the Nutritional Foundation
The body stores ninety percent of it’s calcium in the bones and teeth.
This huge percentage of calcium is not just stagnantly stored there and forgotten by the body. This storehouse of calcium is constantly used, replenished and washed through the system in a very minute molecular way. Some calcium molecules create a framework or nest for other calcium to come and go.
When you look at a bone that has osteoarthritis or osteoporosis, it looks porous, like a sponge. The center of the pore should be filled (and constantly replenished) with fine delicate calcium.
However, that skeletal calcium is the foundation of our house. How can you fix the foundation when there’s a house on top of it? You have to repair the foundation and at the same time keep the house running.
Calcium is the third top biochemical foundation piece that makes up our body. The top four are: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. These four minerals act as the four corners of our foundation
Calcium is so important to keeping the body’s biochemical balance that our body has very specific communication avenues just for calcium. These specific pathways run by osmosis, de-fusion, or active transport.
Bio-availability is Key to Calcium Metabolism
It is one thing to take calcium; it is another thing to take calcium in a form that is usable by the body. First it has to be absorbed within about the first twenty feet of the digestive tract, then absorbed into the blood stream and carried to the liver where is it reconstituted into a molecular form that is actually usable. The parathyroid takes it to the next step of usability.
Certain calcium molecules absorb slowly, some at a medium speed and some quickly. Each type has a different foundational function. The body requires many types of calcium to replenish the many different forms of calcium found in the body.
Every function, every organ and everything within the body relate to calcium in a specific way. Its primary function, from my point of view, is to alkalinize the body starting with the acid/alkaline balance of the digestive tract. All systems need a portion of the calcium to fully deal with aging, repairing and regenerating.
Solution To Calcium Replenishment
An ideal combination of different types of calcium would entirely replenish the empty or depleted stores that have been used by immune system to maintain balance as well as the long-term stores in the bones. Does such a product exist? Yes.
Of course, in order for the best metabolism of calcium, several other ingredients are needed, such as Vitamin D and magnesium. Vitamin D is needed, for the hormonal translation of calcium into calmodulin, calcitonin, calcitriol, calcidiol and cholcalciferol – all hormonal secondary molecules.
A natural source of magnesium is a rich chlorophyll product like alfalfa sprouts, liquid chlorophyll and Spirulina, or plants rich in magnesium, or water. Almonds are also a good source of both calcium and magnesium.
Different government studies over the years have shown that on average seventy-five percent of Americans are deficient in calcium. However digging a little deeper into that average, we find that women are more like 85% deficient and men are more like 65% deficient. So calcium deficiencies are an established fact, and more proof that our basic diet, with all the supposed “enriched with vitamins and minerals” isn’t cutting it.
To paraphrase Einstein, if we keep eating and taking the same supplements the way we have been and yet expect different results, well, we are in for a surprise. Thus my focus on getting everyone to consciously take steps to get more, and a variety of, calcium into the diet.
The ideal Calcium supplement is food based and gives a number of different types of Calcium- gluconate, citrate and carbonate. These Herbal Calcium Tablets offer the necessary 1200 to 1400 mg’s of calcium a day. Yes, the recommended daily requirement may not equal that amount, however from my studies of the effects of this formula, that is what I recommend. The benefits of using food-based Herbal Calcium Tablets is that the calcium absorption starts in the mouth’s membranes (similar to a sub lingual), the calcium gets absorbed more readily and partly bypasses the losses that occur in the digestive tract to liver processing situation. The food-based source also helps correct the stomach acid/alkaline balance.
Expected Health Benefits of Herbal Calcium Tablets:
1. Clearer thinking: Calcium is used in our brain’s biochemical action. Low calcium leads to memory loss as well as insomnia (can’t stop thinking, restless brain symptoms).
2. Weight management and weight-loss: Yes weight management. Low calcium causes the body to go into an “I’m starving” mode that stimulates a hormone cascade that starts with the parathyroid releasing hormones, causing the bones to release calcium, causing the kidneys to release calcitriol to increase calcium absorption. This whole process also stimulates fat production and inhibits fat breakdown. High calcium intake stops the starvation cascade of hormones and its resultant fat production and preservation. (Ironically, with their high phosphoric acid content, diet sodas leach calcium from the body thus contributing to overweight conditions.)
3. Healthy teeth: Stands to reason, now that we know that our bones and teeth aren’t set in stone but are in a constant state of coming and going.
4. Fewer PMS symptoms: Studies show improvement in both emotional and physical symptoms. (Maybe this should be reason #1).
5. Lowers risk of colon cancer: Scientists aren’t sure of the exact mechanism, but studies find adequate to more than adequate intake of calcium has a protective effect.
6. Protection of your heart: That same starving hormone cascade that causes weight gain also affects your arteries. With an adequate supply of calcium your blood pressure gets reduced. Not the whole picture to heart health, but a simple and foundational step.
7. Natural relaxing mineral: Calcium relaxes muscles (no more Charlie horses) and aids in getting a better night’s sleep. Just think how much better your days go when you get adequate sleep the night before and wake up all chipper!
8. Stronger immune system: Calcium is crucial to a healthy immune system.
Actions To Improve Calcium Uptake
Cut out drinks like sodas and coffee that, respectively, leach calcium or increase calcium excretion.
Eat more fruits and vegetables since the metabolizing of these foods shifts the acid/alkaline balance of the body towards an alkaline state by producing bicarbonate that reduces calcium loss. (Meat tends to cause the body to go acidic, thus causing the bones to release calcium and phosphorous).
Exercise improves calcium uptake. Maybe it is time to start dancing.
Take Herbal Calcium Tablets (3 to 6 a day). These Tablets include all three key kinds of Calcium plus food based precursors and supporting herbs.
Order Herbal Calcium Tablets from us! A bottle of 90 tablets is $15.00
Contact us for more information and ordering!
November 11, 2010
Commonly called Angelica, Dong Quai is considered the “queen of all female herbs” Its name means “compelled to return.” This is an herbal tonic that all women should consider using.
There are so many benefits to taking Dong Quai:
- Name refers to it’s ability to restore women to proper balance
- Can strengthen the smooth muscles in the body (men and women)
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps blood become rich in nutrients and oxygen
- Nourishes the body’s production of hormones
- Known as the best tonic herb
- Our source for Dong Quai offers a strong concentrate
- For centuries the Chinese observed the power of the plant to open blocked passageways throughout the body
- Alleviates hot flashes in menopause
- Good for female problems
- Exceptionally rich in vitamin A, B-12, E
- Helps the body to balance itself
- Shows anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-fungal activities
- Many women take Dong Quai for the balancing of their hormones
- Helps to strengthen all internal organs and muscles
- Nourishes female glands
- Eliminates menstrual disorders
- Regulates menstruation
- Helps to rebuild blood
- Improves conditions in the mother before and after the birth of a baby
- Helpful for recovery from a stroke
- Good for calming nerves
- Good for toothache
- Helpful for recovery from internal bleeding or body bruises
- Works-on the immune system
- Do not take the product during your period
DONG QUAI is best known as an herb that can strengthen the body’s response to female problems. But studies suggest that it may also improve blood circulation and help the blood become richer in both nutrients and oxygen. Anciently, Dong Quai was identified as helpful in nourishing the body’s production of hormones. Today, it is also one of the best known tonic herbs. Our source for Dong Quai is pure and concentrated. This process enhances all of the nutritious properties of the herb, and enables the body to assimilate and then utilize those nutrients much easier.
Herbalist Magazine published an in-depth article about Dong Quai in the August, 1977 issue which still offers some insight into this beneficial plant. Here are a few selected highlights from that article:
- There are various tonic herbs that can maintain the proper balance needed in ovarian function. One of the best may be the chinese herb Dong Quai, known also in China as Tang Kuei, and commonly called Angelica. It is considered to be the “queen of all female herbs.” Its name means “compelled to return”, which is a reference to its ability to restore a woman to normalcy and to maintain proper balance.
For centuries, the Orientals have maintained that this plant may have the power to open blocked passageways throughout the body and alleviate hot flashes. and female problems. Research shows that Dong Quai is exceptionally rich in vitamins A, B-12 and E. These nutrients, among others, feed the body, thus enabling the body to balance itself.
Try our Dong Quai formula. You can add it to your mid life health regime and thrive into your fifties, sixties and beyond. Contact us to order!